Friday, March 1, 2013

Soundtracks of our imagination...

Good Morning guys and dolls!

So, as you may have figured today, I'm talking to you about music. My whole life I have been addicted to music, just as much or maybe even more, than reading. In my home, there was constantly a radio on, or a music channel blaring on the TV. All different genre's were welcome from alternative rock, Kenny G, to hip-hop.

When I became an adolescent, I started reading longer books. I would imagine some of my favorite songs in certain scenes. Now, as an adult writer, I know how important music is to the creative process. A great song can take you past a block, or add extra emotion to a scene that otherwise would have been bland. Sometimes though, some music just helps you focus. Lately, my focus music has been extra "ratchet" (if you don't know what this means check out urban dictionary). My playlist has consisted of Two Chainz, Gucci Mane, and French Montana.

These songs in no way contribute to the feeling of the scene's I've been writing but they have helped me focus. The funny thing is, I can listen to music while writing but I cannot read while listening. I know, strange but true.

Do any of you have favorite artists you listen to while reading or writing; any strange playlists that get your creative juices flowing?

Leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts!
AF

No comments:

Post a Comment